Soft Surfboard fin Installation and Removal
No Special tools are needed for this task, in the event you are missing fins or screws, you can get a replacement fin kit from Numfish, Fin kits are available online and can be shipped anywhere in Australia. Soft Surfboard fin Installation
- Before installing, make sure the plastic screws tips are about just below the surface of the base of the board when pushed into the board (up to 5-10 mm below is fine), if they are too long, simply snip them shorter with some pliers or other suitable tool.
- Remove the screws carefully so they can go back in the same place, push a fin into the base of the board until its flush with the base, you might hear a crunch as the epoxy layer pushed through like on a Numfish RUSH soft surfboard - that's ok. Work it around to get the fin sitting flush with the base.
- Put the screws in from the top, and tighten by hand and the palm of your hand as much as possible, you may need to jig the fin around a little to enable the screws to go in easily, and then push the fin back flush against the base once the screws are nearly all done up.
- Finish tightening the screw up with a 50 cent piece or another plastic screw head. DON’T use a screwdriver !
- The screw head should be depressed slightly into the surfboard surface.
- Simply repeat the installation process for all fins.
- Check the screws are firm before each surf.
- Simply unscrew the screws and pull out the fin.
- If you forget which screw come from which hole, don't worry - just check before reinstallation that the screw tip depth is about 5-10mm below the base of the board, so the screw will tighten up into the fin.